Frankly, both have their pros and cons. Before deciding, let's look at each of them.
Let's look into Supima Cotton...
- Supima is a superior version of Pima cotton (Supima = Superior + Pima)
- It is the longest and strongest cotton available in the market.
- Supima fibres are stronger, Softer and durable than Pima cotton.
- It is cultivated only in the United States.
- Supima is a brand name trademarked by the Supima Association, so all Supima is higher level Pima.
- Supima cotton also feels like silk.
- T-Shirt brands use Supima cotton to maintain quality.
- Supima is costlier than Pima cotton which is costlier than other cotton varieties.
- Supima cotton is verified at every level of the manufacturing process by the American Supima association, who also requires that all companies get a license to use Supima in their products.
- Thread Count in Supima cotton is higher than the Egyptian cotton.
Let's look at Egyptian cotton...
- Egyptian cotton refers to cotton materials that are grown in Egypt.
- Only 20% of the total cotton grown in Egypt is Pima.
According to a recent survey, there are two facts to be noticed.
- Most of the Egyptian cotton is not grown in Egypt. They are grown in India and China.
- 90% of the total cotton labelled as Egyptian cotton in the market are fake.
- Sea Island cotton (Egypt cotton) is long-staple cotton.
So, comparing both the Supima and Egyptian cotton, Supima cotton is the best.